Government and Protocol/Liaison Advisor Job at World Vision
The Government and Protocol/Liaison Advisor will act as the primary support to the Regional Leader, in facilitating, organizing, managing, maintaining and coordinating efficient systems of communication with government, international organizations, NGO’s and civil societies on the issues pertaining to humanitarian diplomacy and protocol services to position World Vision International as a diplomatic entity. The position will also provide coordinated engagement with East Africa Regional (EAR) Office, World Vision Somalia and World Vision Kenya on management of all diplomatic engagements and functions and acts as the liaison between the three WV entities and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other government departments.
The position will be required to work with the National Directors in EAR on developing, reviewing and maintaining host country agreements, monitor and advice the Regional Leader on the changes in the different government agencies that affect World Vision International.
The position will also capacity build EAR and the different EARO departments including international assignees on the host country agreement, its privileges and implications.
The Government and Protocol/Liaison Advisor will be required to ensure that all international assignees have the required approved residential documents from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Advisor will have a direct reporting line to the Regional Leader.
Key Responsibilities for the Government and Protocol/Liaison Advisor Job
- Resident Documentation and Visas processing:
- Facilitate and process international staff and dependents residential documents on hire and at separation with the relevant agencies in collaboration with EARO, Somalia & Kenya P & C departments and the broader EAR.
- Maintain and update international staff residential documents.
- Maintain an up to date IPMIS database, including dependents’ information.
- Process permits for visiting staff, delegations/visitors for their travel in and around the country.
- In collaboration with security handle and resolve all related immigration/police incidences with regards to required visas/documentation.
- Keep abreast of changes and regulations on resident documents, advising Regional Leader and P & C department of any changes.
Government/Ministry of Foreign Affairs/International Organizations Liaison:
- Responsible for government and international organizations liaison matters, attends all meetings assigned and manage email and other correspondence from government and international organizations.
- Foster and manage relations with Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Attend selected diplomatic and protocol meetings on behalf of the Regional Leader in the event of schedule conflicts and ensures prompt reporting of meeting results and ensures the regular meeting action items are documented and decisions communicated.
- Schedule, book appointments with and accompany the Regional Leader to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs meetings/government meetings as required and follow up on action points.
- Liaise with Embassies, UN Agencies, and International Organisations as directed by the Regional Leader.
- Liaise, follow up and engage with Ministry of Foreign on new policy circulars or revision of host agreement to ensure it maximizes on the privileges and immunities received by World Vision and be a focal point for all related issues.
- In consultation with the Regional Leader engage with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Directors on the development, revision and updating of the Host Country Agreements.
- Maintain Host Country Agreements EARO and all EAR countries.
- Maintain contacts and profiles of all government, embassies, consular services, AU, UN and various partners/stakeholders and share the information with Executive Associates of EARO, Somalia and Kenya offices.
- Maintain updated contacts and profiles of all Cabinet Secretaries, Principle Secretaries and relevant government offices in liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
VIP Protocol Management:
- Coordinate the hosting of VIP events and visitors with the relevant programmes and departments in EARO, Somalia and Kenya.
- Draft speeches when WV EARO, Somalia or Kenya is invited as Chief Guests or Guests of Honor or hosting a government/diplomatic event.
- Provide support and advice to Regional Leader and National Directors of Somalia and Kenya on drafting letters, writing talking points and speeches for government or Ministry of Foreign Affairs meetings.
- In collaboration with security & administration, develop, disseminate and monitor the implementation of protocol procedures for gate security personnel and front desk staff on handling of VIPs visiting World Vision complex that reflects our Christian identity and core values.
- Train the different departments and within EAR in relation to HCA on its development, application, and on its implications and their roles in utilizing it.
- Interpret the Host Country Agreement to the EARO, EAR, International staff, National Directors and different stake holders/departments that the Host Country Agreement pertains to.
- Organize for protocol and diplomacy training for the leadership team and stakeholders who collaborate with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and government agencies.
- In liaison with the in-house travel agent, advice staff of EARO, Somalia and Kenya on any changes in travel visas application procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Leader.
Government and Protocol/Liaison Advisor Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Diplomacy, Political Science or Public Relations or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a public relations/protocol role.
- Understanding of international and East Africa political environments.
- Knowledge on global policy priorities.
- Knowledge of protocol in a governmental or international organization including experience of working with the Host Government.
- Strategic thinker and detail oriented.
- Strong network and influencing skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrates effective computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite, intranet and Internet and databases used in work efforts.
- Ability to apply various administrative rules and regulations in work situations.
- High proficiency in in written and verbal communication in English.
- Experience in organizing events/meetings in an international setting.
- Protocol management.
CLICK HERE >>> TO ORDER YOUR PROFESSIONALLY WRITTEN CV And APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW!
How to Apply
Apply here for the Government and Protocol/Liaison Advisor Job