Terms of reference for Bookkeeping Consultant
Women 4 Cancer Early Detection and Treatment (Women 4 Cancer) is a Kenyan NGO registered in 2012. We envision a Kenya free of cervical cancer. We are actively involved in cervical cancer policy advocacy; community education; cervical and breast screening for prevention and early detection and patient navigation to facilitate access to treatment. We are looking for a parttime bookkeeping consultant.
Objectives of the Bookkeeper
The bookkeeping consultant will be responsible for overseeing the bookkeeping function at Women for Cancer. He or she will assist in administering the implementation of programs and projects implemented by Women4Cancer and serve as the key liaison to the organization and its strategic partners on finance-related matters. This is a part-time position required only once a week.
Descriptions of the services required
- Ensure compliance and consistency with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Preparation of payments and filing of support documentation ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to (accounting documents and records).
- Support in the preparation of organizational budgets and expenditure monitoring in liaison with the executive board.
- Grants management: Preparation of donor budgets, donor reports, monitoring of the budget working closely with the program team and ensure proper closure of projects by ensuring all donor rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Prepare monthly management reports to be shared with the executive board.
- Post all expenses to QuickBooks and file all support documentation following all the accounting standards and principles.
- Management of organization payroll, preparing statutory deductions and remitting to the relevant authorities.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and other accounts receivable/working advances.
- Support in the preparation of financial statements for audit with relevant schedules, responding to auditors and presenting financials to the board.
- Prepare and update the asset register
Qualifications of the bookkeeper
- A minimum of 5-year experience working for a Non-Government Organization
- Minimum CPA(K), bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience dealing with procurement and grants management.
- Experience in financially managing donor-funded grant programs.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks multi-currency accounting software
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, specifically including complex formulas
- Excellent oral and written English required.
- Must have excellent planning, organization skills and keen to details.
If interested, send a proposal to the address below. The proposal must outline the experience, capacity, and capability to undertake the scope of work. In addition to providing the proposal, the consultant should also provide:
- The proposed fees
- Detailed Curriculum vitae/profile of the consultant
- Other supporting information is deemed to be relevant to the ToR
Consultants will be shortlisted based on experience in handling similar types of projects/assignments in the NGO sector.
Please submit your applications via email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 15th February 2022.