Water Mission is a Christian Engineering non-profit that designs builds and implements Safe Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas.
Since 2001, Water Mission has used innovative technology and engineering expertise to provide access to safe water for nearly four million people in 55 countries.
Water Mission has 350 staff members working around the world in permanent country programs located in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
To learn more, visit www.watermission.org.
Key Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Process necessary payments for goods and services.
- Work closely with the procurement committee to ensure completeness and value for money.
- Prepare vouchers, cheques, maintain advance register and record alit transactions accurately.
- Carry out bank transactions including but not limited to collecting bank statements, withdraw and deposits and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain files for financial records and ensure that the fixed asset register is up to date.
- Ensure all accounting entries are in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain the petty cash register and perform regular checks and balances.
- Follow up with financial records and practices for safe water committees prepaid meters and automated tap dispensers.
- Ensure internal controls are being adhered to such as receipts, requests and completeness of all
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Diploma in Business preferably Finance or Accounting.
- Professional course in accounting with a minimum of CPA II.
- An understanding of and commitment to the fission of the organization.
- A clear God given calling to the mission.
- Ability to organize personal workload and achieve results in time.
Email an application letter, curriculum vitae, educational certificates, testimonials and a list of references to Water Mission Kenya
or post to Box 4632 -30200, Kitale
not later than December 6, 2019.
Please state your current pay if currently working or last pay.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted