We seek to hire a warehouse driver for our client in the Clearing and forwarding industry
To provide support to the warehousing operations with specific responsibilities of transporting orders over designated routes; ensuring safe operation of vehicles; and loading and unloading orders.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery Management
- Deliver orders to assigned clients on a scheduled regular route, on time, per schedule
- Load and unload delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving client goods and/or filling orders for transport.
- Interact with clients in a manner that encourages repeat business
- Drive vehicles (e.g. truck, pick up) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites
- Perform daily delivery vehicle inspection
- Accurately pick client orders and ensure its packed in a manner that avoids damage
- Operate powered vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in safe manner
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Ensure the company trucks or pick up are well maintained (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
- Ensure minor repairs are done and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle is maintained
- Warehouse department support
- Assist in general housekeeping of warehouse and display area
- Support in all functions within the scope of the warehouse for the purpose of providing warehousing operations
- Follow warehouse regulations and safety standards
- Record Keeping
- Maintain records by logging all trips, daily mileage, oil changes, greasing for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable information.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested
Requirements for the position
- Diploma/Secondary School Education Certificate
- Forklift truck Certification and License
- BCE Driving License
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast paced clearing and forwarding company
How to Apply
If you qualify for the above mentioned position, please send your cv on or before 14th December 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.