Procurement Officer Job at Vihiga County
The procurement assistants shall report to the County Director Supply Chain Management and shall be responsible in implementing procurement processes in the County Government.
- Assistance with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
- Assist the DSCM in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
- Routing, copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Researching on pricing, obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
- Assist in coordination of the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and distribution of contract documents accordingly.
- Assist in management of the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract.
- Preparation of management information and statistical reports;
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the goods/services needed.
- Coordinate with departments and make sure the right goods/ services are acquired.
- Provide purchased goods/services to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Perform other duties related to the field as assigned by the DSCM.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Good understanding of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and regulations thereof.
- Familiar with IFMIS – E-procurement system.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Degree in Procurement in Procurement/Supply Chain Management
- Proficiency in computer
- Must have atleast one (1) experience in relevant field
- Registered by the relevant professional body
How To Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building,Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.