Fisheries Officer Job at Vihiga County (2 Posts)
Job Group K
Salary scale as per the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
- Receiving and compiling fisheries related statistical data from field offices;
- Analyzing fisheries data and preparing reports;
- Assisting in monitoring, control and surveillance of the fisheries resources, undertaking fisheries extension activities;
- Maintaining of ponds at fish farms and hatcheries;
- Inspecting fish and fish handling facilities at fish handling sites, Markets and farms; Assisting in the promotion of fish Marketing and value addition.
- Kenyan citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fisheries Management, Aquatic sciences or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in computer applications from a recognized institution (added advantage).
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity
- Must have at least 1 year experience in relevant field
How to Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building, Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.