Human Resource And Administration Manager Jobs, HR Jobs, Utalii College Jobs
SCALE: GRADE KUC 3
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL
TERMS OF SERVICE: CONTRACT
- Co-ordinating the formulation, review, harmonization and implementation of human resource and administration policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Building capacity of human resource and administration for effective execution of human resource and administration function.
- Developing human resource management plans to ensure effective succession management;
- Ensuring institutionalization of performance management including performance appraisal system.
- Interpreting and advising on human resource and administration policies and regulations;
- Monitoring the implementation of human resource and administration policies, rules and regulations and analyzing their impact on staff.
- Facilitating human resource planning, communication, discipline, employee relations, remuneration and staff welfare.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of an up-to-date human resource and administration database.
- Spearheading the monitoring, evaluation and auditing of human resource and administration activities and programmes.
- Overseeing the preparation of Board papers relating to human resource and administration for deliberation and decision making by the Council.
- Overseeing allocation and utilization of office space; supervising office management services and staff.
- Facilitating prompt payment of electricity, water bills and other utilities; ensuring adherence to Government regulations and procedures on vehicle usage.
- Devising and implementing security procedures and policies.
- Liaising with the security officer for investigation of all security incidences.
- Coordinating rental management;
- Ensuring implementation and promotion of best human resource and administration standards and practices.
- Preparing departmental budget and work plans; and
- Coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Approving of departmental plans and budget
- Appraise performance of officers and recommend for rewards or sanctions
For appointment to this position, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Principal, Human Resource Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management/Development/Planning, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; or
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource or its equivalent
- Degree in Human Resource or its equivalent
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Seven (7) years relevant experience, three (3) of which must be in senior management
- A member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in good standing with a practising certificate
- Industrial disputes resolution skills, leadership skills, counselling skills, arbitration and negotiation skills
- Attended a Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Computer literate with knowledge of human resource information system
- Meets the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
How To Apply
Applicants must comply with the following and provide clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations ( Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their application letter, copies of professional certificates, testimonials and clearance certificates should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per the position applied for: KUC/(position)/2019 not later than 24th May, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Principal & Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Utalii College
P.O. Box 31052-00600
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.