Senior Accountant Job at UNES
UNES /F&AD /SA /02 / 2019
Contract Duration: Three Years Subject to 3 months’ probationary period
Reporting to the Chief Manager Finance and Administration, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of timely Management Accounts and Annual Financial Statements
- Ensuring the Bank reconciliations and update of Ledger Accounts is done
- Management of staff payroll and all other payments
- Ensuring full compliance with Statutory and Regulatory Payments, Returns and any other requirements
- Providing monthly and weekly Reports and Analysis for the expenditure, payroll and revenue sections
- Ensuring monthly ledger reconciliations are done
- Responsible for budget preparation and budgetary control
- Responsible for putting in place proper internal controls and procedures within the department.
- Ensuring revenue is collected and accounted for
- Ensuring maintenance of the fixed assets register and marking of assets
- Handling of insurance matters
- Addressing internal and external audits
- Supervise, coach, set targets and appraise staff
- Performing any other duties assigned by CM-F&A
- Possess a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) Degree or equivalent.
- At least 6 years relevant experience 3 of which must be at Accountant level.
- Possess CPA (K) or equivalent and be registered member of ICPAK
- Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws.
- Possess relevant computer and analytical skills
- Good communication skills and interpersonal relations
- KCSE C Plain
How To Apply
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before February 22, 2019 strictly via the following email email@example.com. Hard Copies will not be accepted.