Internal Auditor Job at Turkana University College
Turkana University College (TUC) was inaugurated on 27th January 2017 as a constituent college of Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology. This is Kenya’s first Public University to be established in the vast resource – rich area of north western Kenya.
Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Job
- Review and develop audit systems, techniques and procedures and ensure their effective implementation
- Ensure university policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions are current
- Prepare and submit the University College Audit reports to University Council and relevant Government bodies.
- Undertakes comprehensive audits on utilization of resources
- Ascertain correctness of accounting records
- Prepares audit reports
- Draws up audit programmes
- Prepares audit queries and observations
- Any other duties as shall be assigned by the supervisor
Internal Auditor Job Qualifications
- Must possess Master’s degree (Accounting/Finance) plus CPA Part III or equivalent with six (6) years’ experience three (3) of which as Internal Auditor Grade 11 or any other relevant or comparable position
- Must possess Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/ Finance) and CPA (K) or equivalent with twelve (12) years’ experience three (3) of which as Internal Auditor in Grade 11 or any other relevant or comparable position
- Must Possess Computerized Information Systems Audit (CISA)
- Be registered with recognized professional body.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Appointment to the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to successful completion of probation. Benefits include: a contributory pension scheme or payment of gratuity for those on contract terms, non-contributory medical scheme, generous housing allowance and paid leave among others.
How to Apply
Applicants should send ten (10) hard copies of their application to the undersigned clearly indicating the advert reference number of the position of interest on the envelope, In addition, send an email clearly quoting the advert reference number on the subject line. An updated curriculum vitae and cover letter only, on a running PDF format as one attachment should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than 6 December 2018.
Applicants are advised to request their referees to write letters of reference directly to the address below to be received by the deadline. Those wishing to apply may submit their application to the office of the Deputy Principal (Academic & Student Affairs) personally or post to the address below to reach him not later than 6 December 2018.
NB: Applicants should be registered with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
2: Those who had applied earlier should not reapply.
Full details of qualifications, experience and duties & responsibilities can be found on our website; www.tuc.ac.ke
TUC does not levy any fees in the process of recruitment & selection of applicants.
Deputy Principal (Academic & Student Affairs)
Turkana University College
P.O. Box 69 – 30500