HR Officer Job at Turkana University College
Turkana University College (TUC) was inaugurated on 27th January 2017 as a constituent college of Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology. This is Kenya’s first Public University to be established in the vast resource – rich area of north western Kenya.
Responsibilities for the HR Officer Job
- Prepare human resource budgets
- Establish proper reward systems by designing financial and non-financial reward and sanctions system
- Ensure proper working conditions and employees welfare
- Ensure employee records are well maintained and properly managed
- Maintain industrial peace in the University College in liaison with Committees on Discipline, staff welfare, safety etc.
- Coordinate performance contracting process
- Responsible for the staff recruitment process
- Handle correspondences on recruitment and training matters
- Implement the resolutions of the training committee
- Administration of staff terms of service
- Handle staff induction and orientation matters
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
HR Officer Job Qualifications
- Must possess bachelor’s Degree with six (6) years working experience three (3) of which as Human Resource Officer Grade (9)
- Must possess CPS 11 or relevant professional qualification.
- Must be registered with relevant professional body
- Must be computer literate.
Appointment to the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to successful completion of probation.
Benefits include: a contributory pension scheme or payment of gratuity for those on contract terms, non-contributory medical scheme, generous housing allowance and paid leave among others.
How to Apply
Applicants should send ten (10) hard copies of their application to the undersigned clearly indicating the advert reference number of the position of interest on the envelope, In addition, send an email clearly quoting the advert reference number on the subject line. An updated curriculum vitae and cover letter only, on a running PDF format as one attachment should be emailed to email@example.com to reach us not later than 6 December 2018.
Applicants are advised to request their referees to write letters of reference directly to the address below to be received by the deadline. Those wishing to apply may submit their application to the office of the Deputy Principal (Academic & Student Affairs) personally or post to the address below to reach him not later than 6 December 2018.
NB: Applicants should be registered with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
2: Those who had applied earlier should not reapply.
Full details of qualifications, experience and duties & responsibilities can be found on our website; www.tuc.ac.ke
TUC does not levy any fees in the process of recruitment & selection of applicants.
Deputy Principal (Academic & Student Affairs)
Turkana University College
P.O. Box 69 – 30500