“When a baby is young, s/he accomplishes a great deal because the thought of not being able to do anything s/he wants does not exist. A baby will in fact reach out for what he wants even if it means failing down, right? But as one gets older, s/he starts developing irrational fears that stops you from growing. You become unsure about yourself and your own decisions.”
Many people think about the many other fears that they can and should handle in their life. Fear stops people dead in my paths, paralyzes, and keeps them from taking action. But a famous quote stipulates that, “Failure is not falling down, failing is staying down when you have the choice to get up,” each of us need to learn to face our failures.
Fear should not prevent you from doing what is right. Marc & Angel Hacklife explain some fears we need to start facing today to avoid regret and heartache down the road.
1. Fear of standing out – Our greatest fear is not that we are not special enough; our greatest fear is that we are too special. It is our brilliance, not our deficiencies that often frighten us most. Sometimes you likely catch yourself asking, “Who am I to think I can do this?” When in fact you should be saying, “Who am I to think I can’t?” Ignore your doubts. Forget about fitting in. Stand out!
Don’t sell yourself short. There is nothing helpful about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. You are meant to shine in a way only YOU can. You were born to manifest all the unique brilliance inside you.
2. Fear of not being good enough yet – There will NEVER be a perfect time to pursue your dreams and goals. You will never feel 100% ready, because you will never be 100% complete. You’re growing every day. You just have to find faith in yourself right now. Faith means living with uncertainty, feeling your way through life, letting your intuition guide you like a flashlight in the dark.
3. Fear life’s daily storms – Sometimes life sucks. It gets so hard that you don’t want to get out of bed in the morning. Sometimes life is so stressful that all you want to do is curl up and cry. But sometimes life is beautiful, and so amazing that all you want to do is smile. Sometimes you just have to stay positive, and push through the hard times. Why? Because life is worth it. Realize that fear is your real enemy, so get up, get out in the stormy weather of the real world, and kick fear as hard as you can right in the teeth.
4. Fear of failure – Life’s toughest struggles are intended to make you better, not bitter. Your struggles with “losing” develop your greatest strengths. Many of the most vital lessons you learn in life you don’t necessarily seek on purpose. Sometimes the wrong choices bring you to the right places. In fact, every time you screw up, you’re one step closer to your goal. The only mistake that can truly hurt you is choosing to do nothing simply because you’re too scared to make a mistake.
Related Content: Top 7 Mistakes That Make Your CV Look Unprofessional
5. Fear of losing control – You can’t control everything in your life no matter how many safeguards you put into place. Life is about finding a balance between what we can and cannot control. You must learn to live comfortably between effort and surrender. The reason you are sometimes miserable and stressed is because of an unhealthy attachment to certain things you have no control over. So let go; release the tension and stress. See what happens when you loosen your grip, throw your hands into the air, and allow life to just happen and flow as it does, without constant worry and micromanagement
6. Fear of the past- Some people spend their entire lives lamenting about what has been, what they could have done, or what might become. Don’t be one of them. If you live your life with the regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you’ll have no “today” to be thankful for. Let go and live! Don’t let the past and future steal your present. You become a prisoner in your own mind when you cling to the pains of another time and place. Instead, be free and cling no more
7. Fear of change- Change is often resisted when it’s needed the most. Most of us are comfortable where we are even though the whole universe is constantly changing around us. Only when we change, do we grow, and begin to see a world we never knew was possible. You can choose to let your past define you and confine you, or you can choose to learn, grow, and leave it behind you. Just like the seasons, you have the ability to change. In many ways, you already have.
What fears have been holding you back? What’s one fear you need to face sooner rather than later? Comment Below