The County Public Service Board of Tana River pursuant to section 66 of the County Government Act, 2012 wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
ICT Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the routine maintenance of ICT equipment;
- Ensure that virus protection software is installed on all PCs and updated regularly;
- Providing technical support to system users;
- Perform system administration tasks;
- Train staff in application usage and troubleshooting;
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring procedures for all server backups and reports generation;
- Monitoring of LAN / WAN and internet firewalls;
- Install, configuring and upgrading operating, security software and administrative packages;
- Perform E-marketing and communication i.e. website updates and running of face-book, twitter accounts etc
- Perform minimum programming tasks on the software.
Requirements for the ICT Officer Job
- A degree in Computer science, IT, BIT or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of software project management.
- A+, N+ or Similar Certification in User support and Networking.
- Windows Server and Client Systems- Knowledge and Application.
- Skills in database Administration especially MSSQL, MySQL.
- Basic Programming Skills (.net, java).
- Good knowledge in local area networks, security of data;
- Has capability for troubleshooting and support;
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- At least 2 years of experience in a networked multi-user environment.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary & C.E.O.
Tana River County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 7th December, 2018, either by hand delivery or mail.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution i.e. be in possession of valid clearance certificates from; HELB, KRA, EACC, DCI (Certificate of Good Conduct) & CRB
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Persons Living with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.