Accounts Trainee Job at Tamarind Group
Unit: Tamarind Central Services
Job posting: 16/08/2018-31/08/2018.
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
Responsibilities for the Accounts Trainee Job
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries of direct invoices.
- Paying suppliers; Verify approval on all invoices, scheduling and preparing checks.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos
- Issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
Accounts Trainee Job Qualifications
- · Bachelor of commerce degree or its equivalent from a recognized university and or CPA 1
- · CPA 2 and 3 for non-degree holders.
- · Entry level position 0-1 year experience
- · Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- · Knowledge of the ERP system
- · Excellent computer skills
- · High degree of integrity and dependability
How to Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 31st August 2018