Public Relations Officer Job at Taita Taveta County
The Taita Taveta County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified
Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Number of Posts: Four (4)
Terms of Service: Four (4) Years Contract
Public Relations Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Manage Public Relations department.
- Improve management and employee relations.
- Prepare and publish newsletters and other county literature.
- Create motivational videos.
- Release promotion literature about new products.
- Respond to information queries from the general public.
- Identify audience for products or service.
- Develop and maintain corporate image and logos of the county.
- Maintain effective working relationship with the local and county government officials and media representatives.
- Formulate policies and procedure related to public information programs.
- Manage the county’s reputation with the public in general and clients.
- Compile comprehensive information about the county for the public relation.
- Develop and launch internet or intranet web page.
- Confer with the other county officers in order to develop internal communication to inform employees of various county activities.
- Develop Public Relations strategies.
Requirements for the Public Relations Officer Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Have a minimum of a Diploma in Public Relations/Media Communication.
- Must have served as a Public Relations/Communications Officer or any other relevant degree from a recognized university in Kenya.
- Have Knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five(5) years in public relations.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within tight timelines and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and a high degree of professional competence.
- Be a member of Public Relations Society of Kenya or any other relevant professional body.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
County Public Service Board
Hand delivered at the Board offices Ground floor Maghamba Plaza, Opposite Kenya Power offices, Voi.
- Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
- Candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of chapter 6 by obtaining Clearance from HELB, DCI, KRA, CRB and EACC.
- The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 4.30 PM on
- Friday 14th September, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.