Medical Laboratory Technologist Job at Taita Taveta County
The Taita Taveta County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified serving officers in the County Public Service to fill the following vacant positions:
NUMBER OF POSTS: THREE (3)
Medical Laboratory Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Receive and scrutinize laboratory forms and specimens. Prepare clients for specimen’s collection
- Receive, collect, label and register patients’ specimens. Prepare stains and reagents, write and record results.
- Recruit, prepare and bleed donors for transfusion services Perform blood grouping, do cross matching
- Store blood products according to their requirements Screen blood for transfusion transmissible infections
- Issue blood and blood products to peripheral health facilities Process the specimens for analysis
- Disaggregate Specimens For Processing And Analyze Analyze Laboratory Data
Requirements For the Medical Laboratory Technologist Job
- Served in the grade of Medical Laboratory Technologist II for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
- Valid practicing l i c e n s e from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing a CPSB Job Application form 2018. The form may be downloaded from the Taita Taveta County Government website, CPSB portal.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
County Public Service Board
Or hand delivered at the Board offices Ground floor Maghamba Plaza, Opposite Kenya Power offices, Voi on or before Monday 24th September 2018
Candidates should not attach any documents to the application form. All details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original Identity card/Passport , Appointment letter, last promotion letter and all the relevant professional/ Academic certificates
Canvassing shall lead to disqualification.