Project Accountant Jobs in Kenya at SportPesa
SportPesa, is a Kenya-based sports betting website owned and operated by Pevans East Africa Limited. The website is licensed by the BCLB (Betting Control and Licensing Board of Kenya) under the Betting, Lotteries and Gaming Act.
This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function of Sportpesa Foundation projects to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls. Reporting to the Foundation Manager, the successful candidate will carry out the following key responsibilities:
Project Accountant Jobs in Kenya Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions in order to monitor financial status of the Foundation’s project activities, ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported.
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flows for all foundation projects.
- Ensure that project cash flows (income, expenditure and fund transfers) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure implementation of all financial transactions as per prevailing policy and legal requirements.
- Coordinate the transfer of expenses into and out of foundation project-related accounts
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Provide ongoing financial risk analysis and recommendations of risk management strategies
- Maintain the fixed asset register, perform periodic physical counts of the assets, and review the state of the asset for the Sportpesa foundation.
- Create and maintain a record of all regulatory requirements including insurance renewals, work permits, other licences and premises permits etc.
- Facilitate internal and external audit processes in relation to the projects and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project.
Qualifications for the Project Accountant Jobs in Kenya
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Commerce, Business management/ Administration with specialization in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in an NGO environment.
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- The person must be results oriented and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Professional membership with a recognized body is an added advantage
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your application letter and CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (PROJECT ACCOUNTANT) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th August 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview