- The officer will report to the Principal Accounts Controller and will ensure efficient, effective and prudent financial management in compliance to Public Finance Management Act, Public Audit Act, Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, other relevant legal provisions and internal financial requirements;
- Assist in setting targets for the Section;
- Preparation of final accounts;
- Ensuring safe custody of the Agency’s assets;
- Guiding officers in Accounts Section to achieve the desired results.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Accountant I at the Agency or in a comparable position in the Public Service or reputable Private Sector organization for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or its equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; and Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination or recognized equivalent qualifications.
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- Have attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent in a recognized institution.
Note: For all the positions, candidates must, in addition, possess the following attributes: high integrity; ability to make appropriate decisions; self-driven and motivated; professionalism; strong communication and good interpersonal skills; be a team player and have respect for diversity; have ability to maintain confidentiality; be computer literate.
Interested Candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, copies of appointment and promotional letters and other relevant testimonials, copy of National Identity Card, telephone contact, e-mail address, and names of three referees with their contacts. In addition, candidates should obtain clearance certificates from the following bodies: –
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Any professional body to which the candidate is a member
Clearance certificates from the above mentioned bodies are to be availed during interview by those short listed.
How to Apply
Applications clearly indicating the Job Title and Reference Number on both the letter and envelope should be dropped at any The Standard Group offices or send to the address below so as to be received on or before 27th May, 2019.
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.