Service Excellence Lead Job at SBM Bank Kenya
SBM is a leading financial services group in Mauritius, and is also present in India, Madagascar and Kenya. The Group has a customer base of more than 500,000, providing adapted financial solutions and supported by multi-channel capabilities. The strategy of the Group revolves around modernisation and diversification of its offering, expansion of its markets, and enhancement of capabilities, prominently regarding human capital.
Our employees – currently around 1,800 – are at the heart of our growth strategy. In our quest to be the employer of choice and a reference, we are laying increasing emphasis on developing and nurturing our talent pool. SBM aims to become a reference for creating talent for the world of tomorrow.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Service Excellence Lead will be responsible to devise and implement quality management and assurance strategy and related policies across all our touchpoints. He/she will serve as a change agent, driving continual and sustainable improvement culture through consistent exhibit and initiation of Operational Excellence and Quality initiatives.
Key Responsibilities for the Service Excellence Lead Job
- Determine and manage SBM Bank’s attributes that are closely associated with the quality of output
- Shape a strategy for quality and administer proper execution techniques
- Capacity building in this area
- Act as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement
- Determine the quality requirements
- Translate internal/external customers’ needs into specific, actionable, measurable performance requirements
- Define the key measurable characteristics of key services and processes
- Work together with stakeholders to evaluate the agreement between the quality performance and requirements
- Demonstrating the ability and capability to confirm and fulfill the quality requirements
- Leverage tools and techniques such as process behavior or control charts, statistical process control, measurement system analysis, and process capability analysis
- Introduce and implement statistical software based analytics for point 2 above
- Manage non-conformance activities
- Deal with other functional leaders to analyse and resolve any non-conformance events
- Leverage root-cause analysis, risk exposure, and other evaluations to properly recommend subsequent actions for implementation
- Promote a culture of quality at the Bank
- Instilling quality in the DNA of our management system
- Communicate continuously for reinforcing the quality culture
- Assist to introduce and celebrate quality awards
- Introduce and apply structured problem solving techniques for continuous improvement to lower TAT of and cycle times
- Reduce variations over time for core processes to become more effective, and thus reducing flaws/defects
- Drive change to improve the SBM user experience and bring in a quality service culture with the objective of minimizing cost, driving revenue and creating customer loyalty within the limits of the risk policy and banking regulations and guidelines
- Demonstrate productivity gain
- Lead, plan and conduct quality audits
Service Excellence Lead Job Qualifications
- University Degree in Banking or other areas related to Banking
- A Postgraduate or Professional qualification in Quality Management will constitute a definite advantage
- 8+ years’ experience in Quality/Service excellence, 5 years of which must have been in a Management role
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practices and regulations
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Structured Problem Solving Techniques and competent in Statistical Analysis
- Passionate and driven
CLICK HERE >>> TO ORDER YOUR PROFESSIONALLY WRITTEN CV And APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW!
How to Apply
If you believe in taking new challenges with the right mindset, please refer to our website for full details and complete our online application form on www.sbmgroup.mu/vacancies by Monday, 27th August 2018.
We thank you for your interest and invite you to grow with us.