Chief Risk Officer Job at SBM Bank Kenya
SBM is a leading financial services group in Mauritius, and is also present in India, Madagascar and Kenya. The Group has a customer base of more than 500,000, providing adapted financial solutions and supported by multi-channel capabilities. The strategy of the Group revolves around modernisation and diversification of its offering, expansion of its markets, and enhancement of capabilities, prominently regarding human capital.
Our employees – currently around 1,800 – are at the heart of our growth strategy. In our quest to be the employer of choice and a reference, we are laying increasing emphasis on developing and nurturing our talent pool. SBM aims to become a reference for creating talent for the world of tomorrow.
With functional reporting to Group Chief Risk Officer and operational reporting to Chief Executive, the position holder will be responsible for creating, designing and implementing a risk function that supports the strategic goals of the Bank and managing risk exposures within the limits of agreed risk appetite and limits set by Bank policies, BOM guidelines and other regulatory guidelines.
Key Responsibilities for the Chief Risk Officer Kenyan Job
- Optimise the existing Risk Management system, regularly create and evaluate the Bank’s risk control data model, using external, industry and internal data, and the Bank’s risk control system
- Responsible for developing Risk Management framework to assess the impacts of risk on capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and other risk indicators
- Formulate and articulate a comprehensive Credit Risk, Treasury-related Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk and IT Risk policies in accordance with Bank & regulatory guidelines
- Implement the risk control system across various functional departments, including risk policy, credit review, anti-money laundering, data modelling and collection, to ensure the efficient operation of various departments
- Establish fraud risk warning model and monitoring system, and quantitative analysis of risk data
- Manage on-going risk quantification, assessment, monitoring and reporting programmes across the Bank
- Responsible for stress testing, information sharing, clarification of rules & regulations, request of advice, reporting of incidences of risk and other risk-related compliance requirements
- Assist Senior Management and Board of Directors in understanding risk, its measurement and control methodology; and provide support to the Board in its oversight of risk through regular reports
- Effectively interact with the leadership at the Bank, the Board and Group CRO as required and actively collaborate with teams
- Represent the Bank in front of regulators, legislators and other key constituents
- Actively participate in Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO) of the Bank and provide critical input to help drive decision-making on the optimal level of Risk Return trade-offs on transactions, products and business segments
Chief Risk Officer Kenyan Job Qualifications
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics and/or Business
- 10+ years’ experience in Financial/Risk Management, 5 years of which must have been in Senior Risk Management role
- Postgraduate qualifications in Finance or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CPA and/or CISA
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Bank’s business, domestic and international market, global trends and regulatory guidelines (like Basel III and IFRS9)
- Ability to conduct reviews and development of policies and procedures, and align them with best practices and RBI guidelines, IGAAP, IFRS, the Banking Act, Basel rules and other statutes
- Ability to relate market/economy knowledge and events to business and transactions so as to discern and present risks that would impact the business
CLICK HERE >>> TO ORDER YOUR PROFESSIONALLY WRITTEN CV And APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW!
How to Apply
If you believe in taking new challenges with the right mindset, please refer to our website for full details and complete our online application form on www.sbmgroup.mu/vacancies by Monday, 27th August 2018.
We thank you for your interest and invite you to grow with us.