Chief Information Officer Job at SBM Bank Kenya
SBM is a leading financial services group in Mauritius, and is also present in India, Madagascar and Kenya. The Group has a customer base of more than 500,000, providing adapted financial solutions and supported by multi-channel capabilities. The strategy of the Group revolves around modernisation and diversification of its offering, expansion of its markets, and enhancement of capabilities, prominently regarding human capital.
Our employees – currently around 1,800 – are at the heart of our growth strategy. In our quest to be the employer of choice and a reference, we are laying increasing emphasis on developing and nurturing our talent pool. SBM aims to become a reference for creating talent for the world of tomorrow.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the position holder will be responsible to devise the Bank’s IT strategy whilst ensuring that all systems necessary to its operations and objectives are in place. The Chief Information Officer will endeavour to innovate and contribute to the Bank’s advancement in terms of technology and methods of processing and managing information.
Key Responsibilities for the Chief Information Officer Job:
- Plan, implement and manage the overall use of IT within the Bank from a support and security perspective
- Develop and lead on strategies to improve the efficiency and efficacy of technological initiatives
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline internal operations and contribute towards optimising their strategic benefits
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) of the Bank to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure the Bank’s data security by keeping abreast of the latest cyber security threats and implement necessary controls to guard against them
- Guide and direct digital transformation in view of contributing towards leveraging technology
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to uncover ways the Bank can achieve competitive advantage
- Analyse the costs, value and risks of IT in view of contributing towards the Bank’s objectives whilst ensuring full compliance with internal and external regulators
- Provide strong leadership to the IT team through coaching, mentoring and talent development initiatives
Chief Information Officer Job Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology or equivalent
- 15+ years’ experience in IT, 5 years of which must have been in Senior Management role
- Sound knowledge and grasp of banking practices and regulations in relations to IT environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Analytical mind and great problem solving skills
CLICK HERE >>> TO ORDER YOUR PROFESSIONALLY WRITTEN CV And APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW!
How to Apply
If you believe in taking new challenges with the right mindset, please refer to our website for full details and complete our online application form on www.sbmgroup.mu/vacancies by Monday, 27th August 2018.
We thank you for your interest and invite you to grow with us.