Head of Security Job at SBM Bank Kenya
SBM is a leading financial services group in Mauritius, and is also present in India, Madagascar and Kenya. The Group has a customer base of more than 500,000, providing adapted financial solutions and supported by multi-channel capabilities. The strategy of the Group revolves around modernisation and diversification of its offering, expansion of its markets, and enhancement of capabilities, prominently regarding human capital.
Our employees – currently around 1,800 – are at the heart of our growth strategy. In our quest to be the employer of choice and a reference, we are laying increasing emphasis on developing and nurturing our talent pool. SBM aims to become a reference for creating talent for the world of tomorrow.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Management, the Head of Security will be responsible to organise and oversee all security operations of the Bank in view of preserving a safe and well-protected environment for all stakeholders as well as the Bank’s assets. The job incumbent will also be called upon to develop and implement policies around such areas as security management and emergency response protocols.
Key Responsibilities for the Head of Security Job
- Enhance and improve physical security and security rules
- Conduct security audit exercise within all SBM Premises and submit a comprehensive report detailing the shortcoming of the Bank premises along with recommendations to eliminate or mitigate any risk of instructions and enhance the level of security at each premise
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, customers and other stakeholders
- Design, implement and monitor security policies, procedures and programmes
- Come up proactively with initiatives for security enhancement based on latest technologies
- Serve as liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other security-related agencies
- Ensure that established goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed priorities and agreed time frames
- Deal effectively with any emergency situation
- Ability to effectively manage contractors’ performance and ensure service objectives are achieved
Head of Security Job Qualifications
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Physical Security Management or equivalent
- 10+ years of proven professional experience in the security field at Management level
- Proven experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Sound knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Excellent surveillance and emergency response skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills as well as high ethical conduct are prerequisites
CLICK HERE >>> TO ORDER YOUR PROFESSIONALLY WRITTEN CV And APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW!
How to Apply
If you believe in taking new challenges with the right mindset, please refer to our website for full details and complete our online application form on www.sbmgroup.mu/vacancies by Monday, 27th August 2018.
We thank you for your interest and invite you to grow with us