HR Assistant Job at Sanergy
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We currently seek a HR Assistant – HRIS, Payroll and Benefits who will work in our Administrative and Procurement Department.
A typical day for you might include the following
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensuring sensitization of all benefits for staff is done annually and to completion
- Maintaining a benefits tracker of staff on all benefits payments made for the different benefits and the debits and credits and ensuring that the trackers at any one time are up-to-date
- Responding promptly to issues raised by staff concerning benefits and escalate where necessary
- Administering health plans and other benefits, including enrollment and terminations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring prompt submission and review of medical utilization reports and communicate observations and recommendations.
- Ensuring Accidents and incidents cases reported on Salesforce are added to incident and accident tracker.
- Collaborating with QHSE and Government Relations teams to ensure timely filing in and submissions of DOSH and insurance in case of any work Injuries.
- Ensuring GPL/GPA/WIBA claims and medical reimbursements have been submitted to insurers in a timely manner and reimbursements done to the Internal customer/Company
- Coordinating with insurance companies to resolve employee insurance challenges
- Reviewing and process insurance provider billings
- Reviewing costing schedules sent by the insurer and make sure they are accurate
- Liaising with procurement partners to ensure that PRs for benefits are approved and payment processed on time to avoid discontinuation of service.
- Continuously reviewing of Pension statements from the pension provider and summaries from accounting to ensure there are no discrepancies. Provide feedback to manager and the person concerned.
- Collaborating with the Government Relations team to get quarterly compliance certificate for NHIF
- Assisting in ensuring timely renewals of benefits on a yearly basis.
- Ensuring that HRIS (Salesforce) staff profiles are 100% complete, accurate and up to date
- Onboarding new staff on Salesforce and benefits and support staff on HRIS issues and inquiries
- HR administration, such as leave management, payroll administration, salary advance, contract reports and retrievals
- Administering payroll for 200+ employees on a monthly basis
- Liaising with Accounting Department in processing payroll and necessary deductions for the staff and ensuring the final commuted list of salaries and advances payable are checked and verified.
- Generating and distribute payslips
- Maintaining payroll records and keep them up to date
- Records management through maintenance of staff physical files and records, ensuring up-to-date. An audit should be done annually and report on missing documents shared with Talent Partners and Manager.
- Continuously check for missing documents from the trackers and send reminders to Talent Partners for the collection of the same.
- Ensuring issues and inquiries raised are addressed courteously and in a timely manner
- Providing reports when requested
- Ensuring timely turnaround time of handling business cards requests from internal customers. Recommended time is one week from time of the request
- Collaborating with the Design Specialist to create Posters for relevant HR events and Holiday notifications in a timely manner.
- Sending communications through bulk SMS to workmen concerning HR related issues.
- Collaborating with the Talent Partners and manager in having timely submissions of the overtime and Holiday attendance sheet.
- Preparation Certificate of service for staff
- Coordinating Clearances for Terminated staff
- Ensuring all contracts are ready for renewal
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Related field Diploma in Human Resource Management or Related field
- Minimum of 2 years in Compensation & Benefits Administration
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing data
- Demonstrable experience in Payroll administration skills of a large workforce
- Working experience with Salesforce Human Capital Management Module is an added advantage
- Proficient with office computer applications
- Cultural Enabler: Ability to uphold the organizations values, creating and maintaining positive individual and collective relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Acts as a change agent, developing and guiding the organizations capacities to continually adapt, translating this into effective and sustained change processes and structures
- Mandatory knowledge of Kenyan labour laws and processes including working understanding of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act and Work Injury Benefits Act
- Time management skills and attention to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV and cover letter by 20th December, 2018.
Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.