JOB TITLE: LEGAL OFFICER
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire qualified staff to fill the above position.
The job holder will be responsible for all legal and regulatory matters including but not limited to court attendance, contracts review, legal documentation and advisory on legal, regulatory and institutional compliance in all Sacco’s operations.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements namely Acts of Parliament, SACCO By-laws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
• In charge of legal and litigation matters in liaison with external lawyers.
• Drafting and review of all legal and third-party contracts before and after execution.
• Periodic review of requisite legal documents, by- laws, policies, rules and regulations.
• Provision of timely information on renewals and or termination of contracts.
• Review of collaterals and or charge documents, discharge and or perfection of securities.
• Identification, assessments and mitigation of legal and regulatory risks.
• Provision and appropriate interpretation of legal information.
• Conduct of staff training and guidance of management on legal matters.
• Effective follow up of all court cases, attend hearings, follow up on judgements and related costs.
• Ensure all physical and electronic records including confidential and sensitive documents are safely kept.
• Preparation of accurate and timely monthly reports.
• Any other duties and assignments lawfully given from time to time.
- A Bachelor of laws degree from a recognized institution.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law.
- An advocate of the High Court.
- A Certified Secretary & membership with ICS will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
• Ability to work with computer and Microsoft Office software packages.
• Interpersonal/formal communication (oral and written) skills.
• A good team player with good work ethics.
• General administrative reporting and Planning skills.
• General knowledge of various employment laws.
How to apply
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited to send their detailed CV including 3 referees to saccocommittee@Safaricom.co.ke by 21st August 2021.
You are also required to fill and submit the attached google form. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested Candidates must fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.