Radio Correspondent Job – Laikipia at Royal Media Services Limited
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for generating radio business news content, as well as create and implement various business news strategies. He/she will provide business news stories, features and other news related content to strengthen the Company’s programming, editorial and digital platforms.
Radio Correspondent Job responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Generating ideas to head of desks , editors and producers;
- Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
- Exercising judgment on the best story angle;
- Using portable digital audio recorders and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Filling stories from the respective county
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
Qualifications for the Radio Correspondent Job
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
- At least one year relevant experience as a reporter / correspondent in a busy media house.
- Excellent written and spoken Kikuyu, Kimeru , English and Swahili (Attach – Kikuyu, Kimeru, English and Swahili demo in mp3 format)
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, voice demo and an application to email@example.com by Friday 9th September 2018.
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/RAD/COR/09/18. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.