Business Editor- Radio Job at Royal Media Services Limited
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for generating radio business news content, as well as create and implement various business news strategies. He/she will provide business news stories, features and other news related content to strengthen the Company’s programming, editorial and digital platforms.
Roles for the Business Editor- Radio Job
The Business editor’s role will include the following:-
- Generate business news stories for all Royal Media owned radio stations
- Devise and implement strategies to continuously grow news audience numbers
- Manage the daily running of the Business News Desk
- Assign various duties to radio reporters and correspondents on the docket or beat
- Monitor business news-based content & feedback on social media
- Structure the day’s business news outlook and chair planning/strategy meetings
- Guide county correspondents on what to cover and how to package their items
- Edit business news items from reporters and correspondents
- Generate feature stories coverage plan and ensure bulletins have business news feature stories
- Ensure quality and timely business news content on radio and online
- Proofread script to ensure it is balanced, properly presented, free of errors and adheres to the company editorial policy and house style.
- Translate/transcribe script and audio as required
- Ensure adherence to highest level of integrity
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Impeccable command of English and Kiswahili
- Strong writing and translation skill
- Competent editing skills using Cool edit, Adobe Audition software or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news, widely knowledgeable & attention to detail
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
Business Editor- Radio Job Qualifications
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University. Masters degree in Communication or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable newsroom three of which must be in a senior position.
How to Apply
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to: email@example.com
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/ RBE/29-2018 in your email. Closing date will be Wednesday 14th September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.