International Centre for Reproductive Health Kenya (ICRHK)
Job Vacancy: Research Assistants (2 Posts)
International centre for Reproductive Health Kenya is a Kenya-based Non-Governmental.
ICRHK conducts research and intervention projects in Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), specifically in HIV/STI, Sexual and Gender-based violence, Maternal and Child Health/Family Planning and in Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health.
ICRHK seeks to implement an Implementation Research Study, piloting a set of evidence-based innovations to improve maternal and child health outcomes in several counties in Kenya and using both qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate the success of these innovations.
We are seeking two dedicated and talented research assistants to participate in data collection.
The research assistants will work very closely with the project team to ensure that all the study procedures are in line with the research protocol.
They will be involved in the recruitment of participants, facilitation of focus group discussion and in-depth interviews, direct observation, note taking, transcribing and translation, drafting of reports and any other duties assigned by the Senior Research Officer.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social science or related discipline.
- 3 year practical experience in the collection and analysis of qualitative data (focus group discussions/workshops, in-depth interviews, and direct observations).
- Knowledge of ethical issues relating to the conduct of research on human subjects.
- Strong attention to detail and writing skills that should include the ability to develop comprehensive field notes and high notch reports for qualitative analysis.
- Have knowledge of the health structures in Makueni County and be proficient in both Kiswahili and English (written and spoken).
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with the study populations.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
Skills / Abilities / Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel).
- Excellent skills in using mobile phones/computers/laptops in transmitting information.
- Remarkable skills in transcription and translation of qualitative data.
- The candidate must possess the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and open minded.
- Immediate availability is an added advantage.
A full job description is accessible on our website: http://www.icrhk.org click on vacancies.
Applicants must upload their application letter, an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts and the bio data form on the ICRHK job application portal accessible on our website www.icrhk.org by the 3rd August 2021.
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified
people from all sections of the community.
ICRHK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment.