Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the well-being, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Nursing Officer (3 Posts)
Reporting To: Nursing Officer In Charge
The overall objective is to provide a high standard of client care to both outpatients and inpatients, in accordance with clinical guidelines, policies, procedure, quality standards and guidelines for nursing professional practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Nursing Officer shall work in specific ward/clinic assigned to and would therefore work as both supervisor and team leader of the refugee staff.
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor/CO on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Arrange and submit weekly clinic/ward work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaigns.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward/clinic cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Taking and recording of vital signs and proper documentation of all nursing procedures
- Ensure the clinic/ward is cleaned to the expected standards.
- Perform coverage and be on-call as required.
- Over two (2) years’ experience.
- Registered nurse with a Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or other recognized nurse training institute.
- Valid and current registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 2 years working in a busy hospital set-up.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 11th February 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.