Program Assistant / Driver Job at Jhpiego
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures
for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
The Impact Malaria Project awarded to PSI and managed by a consortium of partners and funded by PMI / USAID, aims to reduce malaria associated morbidity and mortality.
In Kenya the project is led by Jhpiego. Impact Malaria supports malaria diagnosis, case management and prevention of malaria in pregnancy in 8 priority counties: Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Vihiga, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya and Kisumu.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent management and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities to fill the following positions:
Program Assistant / Driver
Based in Kisumu and Migori
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the Program Assistant / Driver will assist in the management of the administrative, financial, logistical and programmatic tasks required for Jhpiego programs.
This includes assisting with project administration including tracking of program Gantt charts / work plans, preparation of program reports, and power point presentations.
Responsibilities for the Program Assistant / Driver Job
- Provide administrative support in the design, implementation and monitoring of project activities
- Organize and coordinate logistics for meeting and workshops
- Responsible for recording and disseminating program meeting minutes
- Assist to maintain program files.
- Assist with the management and presentation of information, such as the development of Power Point presentations, handling basic correspondence and conducting web searches.
- Drive Project Vehicle on official trips as necessary
- Ensure that the office vehicle(s) have necessary vehicle accessories like spare tyres, lifesavers, toolbox, first aid kit, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle mileage records, monitoring fuel consumption and other minor vehicle maintenance issues.
- Informing the Procurement Officer in good time when service (minor/major) is due for vehicles and of any other repairs required for vehicles
- Ensure Project Vehicles are well maintained and policies are adhered to and other related records and maintenance as required.
Program Assistant / Driver Job Qualifications:
- Diploma with experience, preferably in community Health or Public Health, social sciences or related studies
- Valid Kenyan Driver’s License with minimum 5 years’ experience of manual driving
- Hands on experience organizing health training programs including travel and logistics and handling of finances
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal, written
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Suite-Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 28th September 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.