Position: Plumbing Technician
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client, a market leader in Hospitality Industry is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented and experienced Plumbing Technician to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leakages to installing pipes and HVAC systems.
The job holder must have a thorough knowledge of hydraulic systems. He/she should be a patient individual with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail.
The goal is to install and maintain well-functioning systems that transport water, waste, gases or hot liquids and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Ad-hoc assistance to other maintenance teams
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Diploma/Craft Certificate in Maintenance or any Related field from a recognized institution
- Proven experience as a Plumber
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
- Valid license to practice profession
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.