Personal Chef Job at Corporate Staffing
Our client is seeking to hire a personal chef for a private residence who will be tasked with preparation and cooking of a wide variety of foods for the household. They will have the option to reside within the staff quarters or commute daily to the residence.
Location: Karen, Nairobi
Salary: 25 – 40k (Based on experience)
Responsibilities for the Personal Chef Job
- Plan and writes nutritious menus for all meals in accordance with required standards;
- Regular food preparation and cooking in accordance with recipes and menus;
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that the required high standards are met
- Estimate food needs and reviews inventory to ensure that adequate supplies are available
- Maintains safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas
- Ensures that all food is prepared on time and hygienic conditions are maintained;
- Monitors and maintains the inventory of food and supplies and orders food and supplies in sufficient quantities for weekly meals
- Monitors and assists in daily clean-up of kitchen, service and dining areas
- Ensure that all safety standards are followed including proper use of kitchen equipment, sanitation of the work areas and cooking utensils;
- Maintain monthly cost and expenditure records for the kitchen and comparison of actual costs against budget.
- Utilize computerized nutrition analysis and menu planning software
Personal Chef Job Qualifications
- Diploma holder in Food Production/ Cooking & Culinary Skills from an accredited institution
- Must have 5-7 years’ relevant work experience in a similar establishment
- Must have basic knowledge of record keeping, inventory and storage
- Must have a sensitive palate and a deep interest and enthusiasm about food
- Must understand proper food preparation techniques and put to memory certain recipes to ensure consistency
- Knowledge of techniques and methods of quantity food preparation and storage
- Knowledge of and ability to implement health & safety practices related to food preparation and use of kitchen utensils and equipment; HACCP certification is a plus
- Valid Certificate of good conduct and current food handling certificate
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Personal Chef) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th February 2019. Kindly indicate your current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.