Accountant Jobs -Payables & Receivables, Accounting Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, CPA Jobs, Corporate Staffing Services Jobs
Our client is one of the largest integrated solutions providers. They seek to hire an experienced Payables & Receivables Accountant who will be tasked with supporting the Senior Accountant in the execution of accounting processes.
Title: Payables & Receivables Accountant
Gross Salary: 40k
- Ensure that all accounting entries are accurate and verified by the Senior Accountant before posting it in the system.
- Ensure that all import bills and suppliers’ invoices are accurate and properly accounted within the stipulated period.
- Ensure that all journal entries are approved by the Senior Accountant and FM before posting it in the system.
- Ensure that all accounting entries and cheque payments are prepared and posted timely and accurately in the system.
- Ensure that end of every period closure the ageing report of vendors is scrutinized and sent to the Senior Accountant\FM for MIS reporting.
- Ensure that all petty cash vouchers are correctly posted in the system as and when the reimbursement level is reached.
- Provide a daily report on the fund position.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation statements daily for the receivable and payable accounts.
- Ensure that the cheques issued/received are posted in the cheque issue register.
- Ensure that all petty cash vouchers are reimbursed accurately.
- Ensure that (RTGS) Real time gross settlement and bank transfers are done accurately and timely.
- Ensure that the month end closure procedure for expense provision is strictly adhered in terms of time lines and accuracy.
- Ensure that end of every period closure the ageing report of vendors is scrutinized and sent to the Senior Accountant\FM
- Ensure that documents relating to asset acquisition are filed separately for statutory audit and government audit purposes.
- Ensure that all new additions to assets have been labeled with the numbers appearing in the fixed asset register.
- Diploma in any field related to finance or Degree in Business management –Finance option would be added advantage.
- Certified public Accountant Kenya
- MUST have experience in payables & receivables accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in the field of Finance.
- An acute inner sense of evaluating customers based on their track record.
- Proficient in computer usage and knowledge of ERP systems (Both Sage & Navision)
- Team player, who works well across functions and levels
- Suppliers’ invoices are accurate and properly accounted within the stipulated period.
- All accounting entries and cheque payments are posted timely and accurately in the system.
- Bank reconciliation statements are prepared daily for all the current accounts
- 100% accuracy in the reimbursement of all petty cash vouchers
- Nil balance in salary payable control account and employee statutory liabilities after salary and statutory dues are paid.
- All assets acquired in the relevant period are properly capitalized
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org only quoting the job title on the email subject (Payables & Receivables Accountant) to before Tuesday, 21st May 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.