HRM Officer Job at ODPP (32-65K)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 32,810 – Kshs. 65,766 p.m.
DPP 10 (IG `K’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
House Allowance: Kshs. 16,500 (Nairobi), Kshs. 12,800 (Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret, Thika, Kisii, Kitale, Malindi), Kshs. 9,600 (Other Former Municipalities), Kshs. 7,500 (Other Areas)
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 5,000 p.m
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 6,000 p.a.
Medical Insurance Cover: As covered by the Medical Insurance Cover for ODPP staff
Group Life Insurance Cover: As covered by Group Life Insurance for ODPP staff
Car loan: Up to Kshs. 1.5 Million
Mortgage Scheme: Up to Kshs. 10 Million
Qualifications for the HRM Officer Job
- Served in the grade of Human Resource Management Officer II Job Group `J’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of Two (2) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in either, Sociology, Public/Business Administration, Human Resource /Staff Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university/ institution;
- Demonstrated the achievement of performance targets and results as reflected in the performance appraisal.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards Supervisory skills;
- Report writing skills;
- ICT skills;
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Organizational, and administrative skills; and
- Records management skills.
- Honesty and integrity;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Professionalism; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
HRM Officer Job Responsibilities
- An officer at this level will be responsible to the Senior Human Resource Management Officer 11, for the assigned Human Resource Management function.
- Verification of information relating to recruitment, appointment, transfers, human resource management records and complement control for informed decision making;
- Generating the monthly payroll in line with the ODPP policies and procedures, to ensure the staff financial needs are met through timely payment;
- Participating in the preparation of the agenda for the Human Resource Advisory Committee and implementation of decisions to enhance staff motivation and performance;
- Participating in the implementation of Advisory Board decisions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the management of public prosecutions;
- Processing appointment letters and payroll numbers for new staff, to ensure timely filling of vacant positions to support public prosecution operations;
- Processing of staff confirmations, promotions, transfers, allowances, discipline cases, leave applications and pension claims in line with ODPP policies and procedures to enhance staff motivation and organizational performance;
- Updating staff establishment to ensure the information captured is accurate and complete, in order to enhance efficiency in the delivery of the human resource strategy;
- Responding to letters as appropriate to ensure staff needs are addressed in a timely and effective manner;
- Maintaining updated staff records to support decision making in human resource matters ; and
- Supervising, mentoring and coaching staff working under him/her to ensure staff development and enhanced performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE application form ODPP 1. The form may be downloaded from the ODPP’s Website www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and
- Clearance certificate from the following bodies:-
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers ii. Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, letters of appointment to their current substantive posts and previous post, detailed curriculum vitae and clearance certificates during the interviews.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
NSSF Building 19th Floor, Block ‘A’
P.O. Box 30701 – 00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on or before Monday, 18th February, 2019.
Persons with disability and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.