ECDE Teachers Job at Nyandarua County
Applications are invited for two hundred (200) Early Child Development Education teachers in the Department of Education, Gender Affairs, Culture, and Social Services in the County Government of Nyandarua. The terms of employment are on ‘Top Up Basis’.
- Teach children in Pre-primary school (ECDE);
- Implement the prescribed pre-primary curriculum;
- Develop age-appropriate teaching and learning material;
- Prepare and maintain professional and administrative records;
- Plan play and exercise activities for Pre-primary children;
- Interpret the Pre-primary policies to the parents;
- Advise parents/guardians on the children’s progress and development;
- Ensure safety and health of pre-primary children; and
- Be the link between the children and the parents, and between the school and the County Government.
- Must be a Kenya citizen and a resident of Nyandarua;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (plain) or KCE Division IV;
- Certificate in Early Child Development Education offered by KNEC/Ministry of Education or its approved equivalent;
- Those with Diplomas and Degrees in ECDE shall also be considered;
- Have at least two (2) years ECDE teaching experience;
- Be conversant with Pre-primary syllabus and curriculum delivery;
- Have ability and experience of dealing with children below 8 years old;
- Have adequate knowledge on growth monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders in ECDE; and
- Innovative, creative, and inspiring with personal dedication to improve ECDE.
The terms of employment is on “Top up basis” at Ksh 10,000/- per month.
It is mandatory for all applicants to attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic Certificates (from Primary to the highest level attained), Professional Certificates, and Curriculum Vitae that includes three referees;
- Documents required per the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya:
- Certificate of Good Conduct (Directorate of Criminal Investigation),
- Tax Clearance Certificate from KRA,
- Credit Reference Bureau Certificate,
- Clearance Certificate from HELB, and
- Registration Form from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
- Indicate by evidence the ECDE School you are currently teaching and the resident Ward.
How to Apply
To apply, send by post or hand-deliver your application to the Office below so as to reach latest at 5:00 pm on Friday, 1st February, 2019. Email applications and those received after the said closing date shall not be considered.
Nyandarua County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 38-20303,
Nyandarua County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth, Physically Challenged, Minority, and Marginalized persons are encouraged to apply.