Store Keeper Job at Nova Pioneer
Tatu City, Kenya
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Store Keeper to manage all operations in our food stores.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the Store Keeper Job
- Exercising general control over all activities in food stores section.
- Ensuring safekeeping of Quality and Quantity of materials.
- Maintaining records of material receipts, records, and withdrawal of stores items.
- With the guide of the Sous Chef initiate purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
- Initiating action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those for reimbursements and record keeping.
- To issue materials only in required quantities against authorised requisition notes/material lists.
- To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
- Maintaining a well labelled, organized and clean store.
- Prepare all needed Documentation for supplier payments
- Knowledge of stock keeping and inventory management.
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stock rooms.
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate computations.
- Competencies in data entry, and analysis.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Minimum of a Certificate in Storekeeping Management.
- 1 year of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping.
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials.
- The ideal candidate will form an important part of the school Residence team.
- Work over the weekends.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
If so, then apply here: https://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/10P5nWZNqG/Store-Keeper
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.