Warehouse Assistant Job at Norwegian Refugee Council
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations. NRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by the ongoing conflict and more recently by the drought and famine. NRC offers a comprehensive response for Refugees, returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for receiving, storing and distributing materials and supplies in the Kakuma warehouse.
Warehouse Assistant reports to Support Coordinator
- Oversee the receiving, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective camps
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily Area operations including procurement and supplies on the assigned project(s), all being implemented in accordance within the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets
- Participate in the tendering process including preparation of tender documents relating to project specific procurements
- Ensure that procurement status reports are up to date at all times and are shared appropriately.
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists of NRC items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users
- Ensure that the periodic inventory reports are prepared as required internally by NRC and/or by donors i.e. monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Ensure adherence to NRC handbook, guidelines and Donor requirements.
- Assign duties, supervise and appraise section staff.
- Responsible for organization storage and warehouse of equipment and materials including proper use of documents and monitoring and reporting stock level
- Higher National Diploma in Business Administration or Logistics with basic accounting knowledge
- At least National Certificate level training in Purchasing and Supplies preferred.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Organised and a good planner with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Understanding of various donors requirements
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
Commencement as soon as possible
Duty station : Kakuma
Duration of contract 1 year with possibility of Extension
Salary/benefits according to NRC general directions. The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Kakuma office
How to Apply