Logistics Officer Job at Norwegian Refugee Council
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations. NRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by the ongoing conflict and more recently by the drought and famine. NRC offers a comprehensive response for Refugees, returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
The Logistics Officer is responsible for the logistics at the Dadaab field office.
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures at office level
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Training and development of logistics team at office level
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures
- Supervision of works for payment satisfaction
- Conduct spot checks
- Conduct periodic stock counts
- Oversee the receiving, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective camps.
- Oversee the warehouse operations to ensure stock security, adherence to policies, process, procedures and guidelines
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists, stock cards of NRC items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorised users.
- Ensure that the periodic inventory report is prepared as required internally by NRC and/or by Donors I.e. Monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily area operation including procurement and
- Supplies, all being implemented in accordance within the policies and standard as well as approved budget.
- Ensure that at all times the warehouses are clean and tidy.
- Assign duties, supervise and appraise section staff.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Oversee all fleet related activities, spare parts fuel as well as vehicle maintenance
- Share all fleet monthly reports (fuel, repairs etc.)
- Diploma/degree in Logistics Management
- Diploma in stores management and stock control.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own manager skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Education field
- Education level
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Personal qualities
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
How to Apply