HR & Admin Assistant Job at Norwegian Refugee Council
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations. NRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by the ongoing conflict and more recently by the drought and famine. NRC offers a comprehensive response for Refugees, returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
The purpose of this position is to support and assist the Human Resources and Administration Officer in day-to-day management of human resource and administration related issue at Kakuma Area office.
The HR&Admin Assistant reports to the HR&Admin Officer
- Assist in the implementation of the organization policies and procedures
- Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filing applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
- Update staff records and files, including contracts, leave, medical, timesheets appraisals, etc.
- Generate monthly records and reports such as staff lists, leave and other HR statistics
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover and insurance
- Prepare the regular Incentive Staff payroll data for review
- Ensure Installation, Repair and maintain electrical appliances in the NRC compounds.
- Draw Performance Management schedules, the coordination and follow up to ensure that staff ‘s performance is reviewed during the schedules
- Conduct Regularly, the staff performance review under your line management (conducts work/Development Plan meeting, mid-term review, End-term review and provide regular feedback).
- Conduct on job trainings for the subordinate Staff.
- Prepare monthly estimates of food projection to guide the welfare committee in the monthly procurement of food stuff.
- Requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of office and accommodation, catering supplies and consumable.
- Prepare monthly airtime log sheets and requisitions for the office airtime and distribute accordingly
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the offices, compound, accommodation facilities and catering unit.
- Arrange for staff and visitors visas, flight bookings, transport and accommodations
- Arrange for conferences and workshops as may be required by programs.
- Provide secretarial support such as takings minutes, drafting letters, etc.
- Maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the Office Administration section
- Ensure utility bills e.g. telephone bills, electricity and water bills are paid on time in collaboration with the HR Officer
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management with at least two years’ experience in the same profession. NGO experience & knowledge is an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English both oral and written
- Computer skills in MS Office Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of labour laws
- MUST be a member of IHRM
- Personal qualities
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Presentable, friendly and patient
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Ability to plan and coordinate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply