Head, Supply Chain Management Job at National Hospital Insurance Fund
Our client, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state corporation established by under the Act no 8 of 1998 whose mandate is to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance.
In order to enhance institutional capacity to deliver strategy.
NHIF is seeking to recruit a results driven and highly motivated individual to fill the following position:
Reporting to the CEO, the job holder will be responsible for overseeing implementation and delivery of procurement and assets disposal plans in line with Funds’ strategy and provide advise to the accounting officer on all Procurement and Assets Disposal matters.
Key Responsibilities for the Supply Chain Manager Job
- Coordinate the development and implementation of procurement plans and budgets;
- Coordinate the development of tender specifications and performance standards:
- Co-ordinate disposal of obsolete machinery, equipment and other salvage goods;
- Ensure effective procurement management for optimal and cost effective supply processes: and
- Ensure compliance with the Public Procurement legal framework and policies.
Supply Chain Manager Job Qualifications
- Be a holder of a Bachelors and a Masters Degree in any of the following fields; Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Economics, Law, or any other relevant field from a recognized university;
- Possess a post graduate Diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management and be a member in good standing of the Kenya Institute of Supply Chain Management (KISCM), with valid practicing certificate, as stipulated in the Supplies Practitioners Management Act 2007; and
- Have knowledge and relevant experience of not less than twelve (12) years in supply chain with five (5) years at senior management level.
How to Apply
Applicants will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- A report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please send your application quoting the position reference, and attach your CV with details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three professional referees, Persons living with Disabilities, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, your application must be received by 26th October 2018 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
For more details on NHIF and the job descriptions for these roles, please log on to http://www.nhif.or.ke/
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer and canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.