Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Mombasa.
- Operates as the principal sales person for food and beverages in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded high level of customer service.
- Takes the order, posts and serves guests as per the specified requirements.
- Ensures that the service stations are clean and well stocked at all times.
- Ensures that mis-en-place is done promptly and early before service commences.
- Ensures that requisition is made at all times to replenish the station.
- Cleans the bar furniture and equipment.
- Receives, greets and leads guests to the bar terrace.
- Presents wine lists to guests as soon as they have ordered their meal.
- Takes beverage orders and provides a fast, friendly, courteous and efficient service.
- Helps his colleagues voluntarily (when necessary) and at a time when requested to do so.
- Reports any guest complaints immediately to the manager on duty.
- Safeguards and maintains his uniforms in a state of cleanliness and good repair.
- Ensures that all orders dispensed from the station are posted and charged to guests.
- Informs and explains on all the day’s specials and makes suggestions to guests depending on guests’ preference.
- Any other duty that will be assigned from time to time
Required skills and Competencies
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Hospitality management or any related course
- At least 2 years Prior experience as a Waitress in a busy hotel
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Superior customer service and people skills
- Teamwork / co-operation
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke. Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com