Job Title: Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
Reports to: Country Manager/CEO
About BeautyClick: At BeautyClick, we have always believed in the importance of building a great team.
Our brand is all set to transform the Beauty and Fashion market across Sub-Saharan Africa by driving a strong online community. We have high aspirations for the future and acquiring the right talent is paramount.
Our team is small but mighty. We have experienced great success to date based on our collective belief in the value of creating thoughtful experiences and the connection we have with our digital community.
We strive at being the most progressive ecommerce business in the beauty and fashion industry in Kenya.
Role / Purpose:
BeautyClick (Africanhair Ltd) is a fast-growing e-commerce business selling beauty products.
This Supply Chain and Logistics Manager position is a great opportunity for a service minded logistics and supply chain professional to join an exciting company in a fast-growing industry.
The role is a key position within the company, ensuring that our happy e-commerce and retail customers get the right product at the right time, at the right price.
The Supply Chain and Logistics Manager shall be responsible for developing BeautyClick’s supply chain and logistics processes, and manage day-to-day operations with the objective to continuously optimize efficiency and productivity.
This role sits within a very creative and entrepreneurial environment and we are looking for a Supply Chain and Logistics Manager who can bring operational leadership to the team as we scale up our operations.
Summary of overall Key roles & responsibilities:
- Planning and forecasting of the supply of goods and services in cooperation with the company’s finance, sales and marketing team to optimize stock levels at all times and communicate our forecasts with suppliers.
- Procurement of goods and services ensuring that we get the right products at the right time at the right price in accordance with our supplier contracts. Negotiate and re-negotiate supply terms and conditions and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Managing inbound logistics for both local and international suppliers i.e. coordinating the CoC procedure and the shipping and forwarding and clearing processes with suppliers and services providers and government agencies when importing from abroad. Follow up with local suppliers on timely deliveries.
- Warehouse management, which means ensuring and oversee a well-run and optimized warehouse and warehouse operations including receiving and keeping stock in good and organized condition.
- Outbound logistics, which means overseeing and ensuring the preparation and fulfilment of all retail and wholesale orders for pickup or delivery for timely deliveries to happy customers.
In your role, you will be managing a small in-house team of warehouse staff and riders as well as external service providers.
To succeed you need:
- A hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Ability to negotiate with and manage both local and international suppliers
- Analytical skills for planning and reporting on supply chain matters
- Time consciousness, efficient, and consistency in your work
- Organized and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer savvy (proficient in MS office and online accounting, sales and inventory systems)
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- A great team player and team leader
- Business management skills
- High integrity and sound professional Ethics.
- Result oriented and cost consciousness.
- A good planner
- Great customer service skills.
- Higher Diploma or degree in Logistics, supply chain management, business administration or any other related field. MCIPS (UK)Graduate.
- At least 5 years hands on experience in supply chain preferably FMCG, online business structure.
- Knowledge of supply chain KPIs
- A proper understanding of international logistics, local and international markets.
- Deeper understanding of business law & contracting.
- Experience of working with different IT-systems.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:_“Supply Chain Manager”.
Latest application date is September 30th 2021.
We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis as applications come in.
More information: https://beautyclick.co.ke.