Exciting Career Opportunity in Financial Services: Legal Officer
Role Overview: Our client is a leading non deposit taking Credit Company with an enviable brand presence across the country.
As the company grows in size and product portfolio, it seeks to strengthen its legal function by hiring a Legal Officer.
A business savvy, detail oriented, hands on, self driven, result oriented and growth focused individuals will be ideal for the role.
Job title: Legal Officer
Department: Legal Services
Salary Range: Gross of Kshs 55,000 – 75,000 plus other benefits
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
Number of Positions: One (1) Position
Key Role Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Assist in handling all legal matters within the company.
- Draft for review and approval all contracts/Agreements
- Take part in negotiation of contracts and agreements with third parties.
- Conducting legal research, monitoring legislation changes and advising the management on the same.
- Visiting land different registries to follow up on sticky matters and unlocking them.
- Act on behalf of the Senior Legal Officer in attesting/witnessing company documents.
- Assist in clearing clients and releasing Title Documents for cleared debts.
- Performing other legal tasks as assigned by Senior Legal Officer from time to time.
Person Specification (Qualifications, Experience and Skills)
- Holder of a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Be a member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- Possession of at least 2 years experience in a financial institution/microfinance/ credit company either in legal or debt recovery departments.
- Conversant with Conveyancing and litigation.
Key Competencies Personal Attributes
- Relationship building.
- People Skills.
- Excellent communication.
- Attention to detail.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful legal career move in the dynamic and rewarding financial services/credit/lending sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
Head of Recruitment
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th August 2021.
Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.