Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Mtwapa – Mombasa
Gross Salary: Kshs 150k
Our Client is a leading FMCG company based in Mombasa-Kenya and they seek to hire a Finance Controller to manage accounting functions and ensure the company is operating in an efficient and effective manner by monitoring internal controls.
- Make sure all financial statements and other accounting information is accurate.
- Book-keeping and going through the accounts on a regular basis for the accuracy of entries passed.
- Reconcile all bank statements and interpret all financial reports.
- Prepare projections annually and update monthly with actual figures.
- Maintain all the necessary reporting to the banks and system reports.
- Maintain the company bank balance and remain cognizant of outstanding cheques.
- Approve invoices that need to be paid and release of goods.
- Coordinate with the auditors and be prepared to surrender documentation if called upon.
- Making sure all statutory returns are done correctly and on time.
- Supervise debtors /creditors reconciliation on a weekly basis and credit control for timely collection of payments.
- Payments processing for creditors and others including statutory payments.
- Reconciliation of stocks of warehouse and Nairobi depot on daily basis and monthly physical stock taking.
- Checking of Excise duty with production and sales figures on a weekly basis.
- Petty cash maintenance on a daily basis of both Mombasa and Nairobi depot.
- Any other duties as assigned by the management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- At least CPA part 3 and above qualification.
- 8 years’ experience as an Accountant in a busy environment.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities with great attention to details.
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision.
- High level of integrity, resilient and energetic individuals.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Financial Controller – Mombasa) to email@example.com on or before 15th August 2021.