Job Title: Finance Manager
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary: Kshs 200,000.00
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will play a vital role in maintaining the financial standing of the company. The ideal candidate will be in charge of managing company finances and help determine financial strategy and policy, and managing financial risks in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement financial plans for the company
- To lead and manage a finance team in the production of high quality financial management information, income and expenditure, for the company.
- To streamline the finance department and introduce policies, measures and controls to ensure smooth running of the department
- Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintaining the financial health of the organization
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken
- To provide a high quality financial management reporting service with a focus on
- Identifying trends, risks and opportunities and communicating these to the Directors.
- Attend key meetings to lead discussions on the financial performance of the company.
- To develop robust financial forecasting strategies for the company.
- To ensure financial policies and strategies are monitored for accuracy and assumptions are deliverable.
- To lead on the development and assessment of corporate wide cost improvement measures.
Key Skills and Experience
- A fully Qualified Accountant e.g. ACCA/ CPA finalist
- Degree in Finance, or Business related
- 8-15 years previous experience managing finances in a busy organization, preferable an FMCG
- Possess good Finance Management and Reporting skills
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.