Our client in the Construction industry is looking to hire a CLERK OF WORKS.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring and managing the on-site construction of built asset projects; keeping in check the main contractor and sub-contractor(s) in your assigned site to ensure that every project is achieved within set timelines, at the minimum cost possible without compromising quality
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope.
- Leadership on site: Dealing skillfully and diplomatically by managing the requirements of a diverse range of people.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing, codes.
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of all our projects
- Dealing with the logistics of supplies
- Scheduling sequence of works, plans for construction, accountability for provision of materials
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required
- Liaising and working jointly with the design team and structural detailers to implement refinements
- Enhances company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
- Trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
- Ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
- Manage tool and materials inventory for each project.
- Complete necessary reports on construction progress.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in Building construction or Civil Engineering
- 3 years’ experience
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction materials and methods
- Well versed in ICT -MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) both as a working and reporting tool with excellent command of oral and written English
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, codes, and other material pertinent to construction.
- Working knowledge of building components and systems.
- Self-driven and proven ability to work smart and to meet deadlines without supervision
- High degree of personal integrity
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
How To Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 20TH May 2021 on link below: