Reports to: Finance Officer
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is a housing cooperative society seeking to hire a competent Accounts Assistant.
The job holder will be responsible for reviewing, initiating, reconciling and closing financial payment processes.
- Review and disbursement of authorized petty cash requests. Replenishment of petty cash.
- Update member accounts daily
- Process accounting documents such as suppliers’ invoices, staff imprests and investment disbursements.
- Initiate authorization and payment of accounting documents
- Prepare and submission of with-holding tax and with-holding VAT to KRA before deadlines. Preparation of with-holding VAT certificates.
- Prepare and submit statutory deductions to the specific authorities.
- Assist in Review, coding and filing of financial records.
- Cash withdrawals, collection of cheque books and bank statements and any other duties
- Carry out formulation, preparation and monitoring of the Society’s budgets performance reports and cash flows.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements, policies, strategies, procedures and standards for the Society.
- Prepare cash books and monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare financial reports to management and Board of Directors
- Carry out any other relevant duty as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Diploma in commerce/ Accounting/ business administration
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- ATC I & II or CPA II
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 2 years of experience.
- IT proficiency & Navision ERP skills
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of principles and standard practices of accounting.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control process
- Knowledge of grant procedures and practices.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accounts Assistant) to email@example.com before Thursday 31st January, 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted