Siaya Bondo Water and Sanitation Company LTD was established in 2006 as a Company to provide clean, safe, affordable drinking water and Sanitation services in Siaya County. We are seeking to recruit exceptional intern with strong teamwork and disciplined for the following positions.
POSITION: ACCOUNTANT (Scale 4) NO.1
- Maintain the general ledger and control accounts balancing and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly trial balance and financial statements
- Prepare special financial reports e.g. creditors, capital expenditure, specified tax returns and schedules
- Prepare periodic financial and management statements and reports
- Maintaining and updating expenditure cash book
- Monitor accurate creditors records
- Ensure all financial accounting tasks adhere to SIBOWASCO’s financial policy procedures and control systems.
- Prepare, monitor, control and evaluate expenditure budgets in consultation with relevant heads of department
- Establish efficient and effective payment systems
- Ensure expenses are analysed on a monthly basis and properly allocated
- Manage fixed assets in line with company policy and ensure that monthly reconciliations are undertaken; monitor the monthly depreciation charge.
- Ensure that work in progress is always reconciled and transfers are made promptly in completion of projects.
- Carry out/ ensure the timely balancing and reconciliation of debtors, creditors’ payments including petty cash and reconciliation and oversee the maintenance of bank information and bank reconciliations.
- Daily returns from various cashiers.
- Custodian of the cash receipt book.
- Maintenance of the revenue cashbook.
- Banking daily collections.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in commercial business or the equivalent;
- CPA part III or equivalent;
- 3 years’ experience in a comparable environment;
- ICT skills is mandatory;
- Taxation and Report writing skills; and
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines
- Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants may apply by enclosing a cover letter, a detailed resume, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials and names and addresses of three ( 3) referees (including telephone and email contacts) to Managing Director,Siaya Bondo Water &Sanitation Company ,P.O.BOX 214-44060 SIAYA OR email@example.com
Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. All applications should be received not later than 21st April 2021 only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.