Position : Core Network Engineer –Planning,
Region : Nairobi,
Reporting to: Manager – Core Network Planning,
Band : 2.1,
Department : Technology Division,
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The incumbent will be in charge of all planning pertaining to the Telkom CS/PS Switch Core Network. This involves planning, architectural design and implementation of projects that touch on the CS/PS switch mobile network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of Planning and design for all PS/CS-Core nodes and interfaces in TKL network.
- Translate marketing inputs into core network architecture and design for GSM/WCDMA/LTE CS/PS Switched network.
- Assist in resolution of faults related to design on all equipment under core network domain.
- Configure data for new systems with vendors and create work instructions for existing systems.
- Provide recommendation reports to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of existing Core services.
- Manage all software and hardware installations for the Core nodes.
- Set relevant KPIs for the core network and ensure the same are met.
- Build internal and external relationships with key customers and suppliers to deliver continuous quality solutions to the business.
- Application for Work Orders for network changes/integration and ensure that they are followed by the implementation teams
- Research and development of new features, solutions & technologies.
Academic Background & Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics engineering, Computer Science, Information Technologies or a related technical field
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the planning and design of GSM systems
- CCNA or relevant certification in IP networking
- GSM/WCDMA and LTE mobile network concepts
- IP Routing and Switching concepts
- Traffic Engineering concepts
- Report Writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Skills in Microsoft word, Visio, excel and PowerPoint
- Basic Data analysis skills using excel
How to Apply
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 15th October 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.