Internal Auditor Job at The National Council for Persons with Disabilities (1 Post)
JOB SCALE – NCPD 6
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) is a State Corporation established in November, 2004 by an Act of Parliament (Persons with Disabilities Act 2003) with the mandate to formulate and implement policies that are geared towards mainstreaming Persons with Disabilities to the National economy. To achieve this mandate, the Secretariat seeks to fill the following positions which fell vacant.
The Internal auditors are responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the Council. In addition, Internal Auditors assist the Council accomplish its strategic objectives by affecting a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Job
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
- Undertake audit assignments in line with the approved audit work plan to confirm the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and control;
- Perform substantive and compliance testing of accountable records and documents and prepare working papers;
- Provide input in preparation of audit reports for audit engagements executed; and
- Assist in evaluating progress and effectiveness of action taken to implement audit recommendations received from internal and external audits.
Internal Auditor Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized university;
- CPA Part II or its equivalent; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and skills
- Proficiency in IT;
- Ethical and integrity;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Communication skills
Terms of service: Permanent & Pensionable
Consolidated pay is in accordance with the Council’s pay structure as well as Government (SRC) Allowances provisions as indicated below in Kenya Shillings:
Basic Salary: 45,179×2,157-47,336×2,157-49,493×2,157-51,650×2,157-53,807×2,157-55,964×2,157-58,121×2,159-60,280.
House Allowance: 28,000
Commuter Allowance: 8,000
Medical Allowance: Cover to be provided according to the Council’s Medical Scheme.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send their applications enclosing copies of curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and a copy of national identity card as well as Chapter 6 clearances to the address below by 18th December 2018. Additionally, they should provide names and contacts of two referees.
The Executive Director,
Waiyaki Way – Next to Kabete Barracks
P.O Box 66577 – 00800,