GRADE ST 6
Reporting to the Senior Human Resource Officer
Responsibilities for the Human Resource Officer Job
- Verify information relating to recruitment and performance appraisal;
- Assist in payroll administration;
- Assist in updating human resource records in an accurate and timely manner;
- Draft correspondences;
- Process, monitor employee leave records and ensure timely reports;
- Assist human resources recruitment, performance appraisal;
- Liaise with the insurance, pension, medical providers; and
- Assist in coordinating health and safety programs, HIV/AIDS Prevention, gender, disability mainstreaming, Alcohol, Drug and Substance Abuse.
Human Resource Officer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Membership to the Institute of Human Resource Management in good standing;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
Demonstrate the following key competencies and skills:
- Proficiency in IT;
- Planning skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team player; and
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications enclosing copies of updated Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates. Additionally, they should provide names of three (3) referees one of whom must be an immediate or past supervisor. A copy of National Identity Card, details of Remuneration History and Current contact MUST be provided.
Applications MUST clearly indicate the Reference Number of the Vacancy applied for and should be sent by post or hand delivered to:
The Director General
National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation
NACOSTI Headquarters Building, Kabete Off Waiyaki Way
P.O. Box 30623 – 00100
On or before 5.00 p.m. 4th December 2018
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply. Women, Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification