Role title: Communications Officer – One (1) Post
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Project Manager, the Communications Officer will be responsible for leading knowledge management outputs of the projecct; developing the project communications strategy at the project outset and coordinating its implementation across all project components.
Term of Engagement: The position shall be on an initial twelve (12) months contract with possibility for extension.
- Develop a project communications strategy/plan, incorporate it with the annual work plans and update it annually in consultation with project stakeholders; coordinate its implementation;
- Coordinate the implementation of knowledge management outputs of the project;
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of public awareness activities across all project components;
- Facilitate the design and maintenance of the project website/webpages and ensure it is up-to-date and dynamic; and
- Facilitate learning and sharing of knowledge and experiences relevant to the project.
- The applicant must be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a Communications related field;
- A qualification (bachelor’s degree, diploma) in the field of natural resource/environmental management will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience of communications for project or programme implementation;
- One (year) of which must have been in developing and implementing communications strategies been for organizations or projects;
- previous experience with UN projects, or those involving international donors will be a definite asset;
- Strong professional working capacity to use information and communication technology, specifically including website design and desk top publishing software
- Understanding of ASGM, sound management of chemicals, sustainable livelihoods and associated issues;
- Very good inter- personal skills;
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English (writing, speaking and reading) and in Kiswahili.
How to apply
- Download the specific job requirements for the positions from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry Website page www.environmment.go.ke, read this carefully as it lists the skills, knowledge and qualifications required.
- Fill in each section of the Bio – Data Form clearly in typed, block letters.
- The Bio-Data Form must be accompanied with an Application Letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates, National Identify Card, and Testimonials.
- All applications should be addressed to, The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, P.O. Box 30126, 00100 NAIROBI.
- In Submitting the applications, Applicants can;
- Email their applications, in Ms Word or PDF; to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position Title as the subject; or
- Drop a hard copy; in sealed envelope at the Ministry’s (Main) Registry on 13th Floor, NHIF Building, or
- Post a hard copy;
- With the position title clearly indicated at the left hand corner of the envelope.
- The closing date for all applications is 8th June, 2020 at close of business (5pm). Late applications shall NOT be considered.
- The Ministry of Environment and Forestry is an Equal Opportunity employer: Women, Minorities, Marginalized and Persons Living with Disability (PWD) are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to Automatic Disqualification.